Discover for yourself the reasons why dental implants have become so popular.
Dental implants have certainly grown in popularity when it comes to tooth replacement options here in Parsippany, NJ. In fact, more than 5 million implants are placed each year by US dentists, reports the American Dental Association. So, if you are currently wondering whether or not dental implants are right for you, look no further. Our Parsippany, NJ, dentist Dr. Marco Fernandez of Advanced Family Dentistry is here to provide you with the information you need to decide if dental implants are ideal for your smile.
Here are some of the top reasons people here in Parsippany, NJ, turn to dental implants to replace missing teeth,
- They are a standalone restoration that doesn’t require the support of natural teeth
- They are strong and durable enough to last decades
- They feel, function, and look just like a real tooth
- They stimulate the jawbone just like natural tooth roots to preserve the bone and prevent bone loss
- They provide support for the muscles of the face to prevent sagging and drooping
- They won’t move or shift around in your mouth when chewing or speaking
- They can replace one, two, several, or all teeth
- They fill gaps and prevent the rest of your teeth from shifting around
So, are dental implants right for you?
When you read all the benefits of implants above you may immediately think that this is the right treatment option for you; however, it’s important to keep some things in mind. While most healthy individuals are often ideal candidates for dental implants here are some things to consider first,
- Dental implants do require two minor surgeries to place the implant and then to place the abutment (the piece that connects the implant to the crown)
- It can take several months and even up to one year to get your dental implant, so we want to make sure that you are dedicated to the process
- You need to have good oral health that is free of decay and disease
- You need to have good general health and have any preexisting chronic conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure under control
- You must not be a smoker, or you must quit smoking before treatment
- You must not be pregnant or planning to become pregnant during your treatment
If you are ready to find out more about dental implants and whether they are the best way to replace your missing teeth, all you have to do is call our Parsippany, NJ, family dentist, Dr. Fernandez, at (973) 263-7300 to schedule a consultation. Let the team at Advanced Family Dentistry help you achieve a beautiful smile.